Trusted Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Decatur Illinois
Have you lost someone during a routine surgery? Are you reeling from injuries that you suffered under medical care? If yes, it’s time to call a medical malpractice attorney that will stick by your side while we uncover the truth about what happened to you. At LaMarca Law Office, P.C., we provide medical malpractice legal assistance to clients in Decatur Illinois and throughout the surrounding Central Illinois communities. Additionally, our team offers over 30 years of legal experience and a detail-oriented, time-proven approach that gives you the best chance at a successful resolution. Call to schedule your initial consultation.
• Temporary Total Disability
• Permanent Disability
• Vocational Rehabilitation
• Denied Claim
• Knee, Shoulder & Joint Injuries
• Overuse Syndromes
• Occupational Diseases
• Back & Neck Injuries
• Spinal & Spinal Cord Injuries
• Carpal Tunnel
• Construction Injuries
What is medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice cases involve patients that have been injured or developed serious illnesses while under the care of a doctor, nurse or some other medical professional. In these cases, patients have a case if their injury or illness was caused by a mistake in their care. Medical malpractice compensation can help buy groceries, replace lost wages and even pay for medical treatments. Please contact our staff to find out if you have a case.
Common Examples of Medical Malpractice
• Emergency Room Errors
• Emergency Room Negligence
• Anesthesia Errors
• Failure to Diagnose
• Birth Injuries
• Birth Defects
• Pharmaceutical Errors
• Surgical Errors
• Postoperative Care Errors
• Nursing Home Abuse
• Wrongful Death
Who can file a case?
There are some rules about who can file claims and who cannot file claims in medical malpractice lawsuits. Furthermore, we understand that each case is different, which means the successfulness of your claim, and how much compensation you receive, will be dependent on the specific details of your case. Take a look at a few of these basic things that must be true if you plan on filing a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- A doctor-patient relationship must have been established. You cannot file a medical malpractice case against a doctor that never agreed to treat you. The advice you heard from a doctor in an informal setting does not make them liable for your injuries.
- The doctor must have been negligent. Not all medical procedures will work out as planned. To file a suit, you need to prove that the doctor was acting negligently and that the negligence caused your injuries.
- The improper care led to specific problems. You must be able to prove that the medical care you received was the cause of any injury or serious illness developed thereafter.
How can LaMarca Law Office, P.C., help?
- We sit down with you, in person, to record and review all relevant details in your case.
- We’ll investigate through gained access to records and documents that could prove your claim.
- We interview you, your family members, doctors, staff members, and others to get to the bottom of things.
- We fight for the maximum amount of recovery you are legally entitled to.
- We walk you through the entire process from initial hearings to case resolution.